Saturday, June 13, 2009

K6 Music & Motion Studio

. . .is really a lot of fun. It's not like "school", if you know what I mean! The kids here really enjoy themselves and they are very respectful and curious.

Their ideas and questions floor me sometimes. During our May studio I asked the kids why the Bible said that God kept the disciples on the Emmaus road from recognizing Jesus, i.e. Why wouldn't God want them to know that it was Jesus right away?

One little first grader said, "Because maybe God wanted them to LISTEN to Jesus first. If they knew it was Him, they would be too excited, and He had a lot to teach them."

Wow! I am constantly learning and being challenged by these kids' profound insight into the heart of God. I used her answer to help inspire all the following classes.

Comments from K6 Studio Director: Janet Deaver

No comments: